SHOOTING RANGE RULES
1. NO UNCASED FIREARMS BEHIND THE FIRING LINE. Remove firearms from their case/bag at the firing line. When you are done shooting, bring your bag to the shooting stall to pack up the firearm at the firing line. If you want someone else to shoot your gun, have the shooters switch stalls. Again, do not move the gun out of the stall unless it is completely packed up in its case.
2. ONCE UNCASED AT THE FIRING LINE, KEEP ALL GUNS POINTED DIRECTLY DOWNRANGE AT ALL TIMES. Even when the gun is being removed from its bag/case (or is being placed back in its bag/case), it is to be pointed downrange. If you must move on or off the shooting range with a firearm that has no case, the gun must first be cleared by an Island View Range Safety Officer or Employee, the action must be locked open, and the gun must be pointed directly downwards the entire time you are outside the shooting stall.
3. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER, AND WELL ABOVE THE TRIGGER GUARD UNTIL YOU ARE ON TARGET AND READY TO FIRE.
4. UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE ACT OF FIRING, ALL GUNS ARE TO BE KEPT UNLOADED WITH THE ACTION LOCKED OPEN.
5. KNOW HOW THE FIREARM OPERATES.
6. BE SURE THE FIREARM AND AMMUNITION ARE COMPATIBLE.
7. CARRY ONLY ONE GAUGE/CALIBER OF AMMUNITION WHEN SHOOTING. When in the shooting range with more than one firearm of different gauge/calibers, use one at a time and when finished firing, store/secure that firearm and its ammunition before using the next one.
8. ALL BULLETS MUST GO THROUGH THE TARGET AND INTO THE BULLET TRAP. Set target height at eye level of shooting position. If seated while shooting, lower the target to adjust. Shooting of walls, ceiling, stalls or floor will not be tolerated and a MINIMUM FINE OF $50 and possible suspension of range privileges. Only approved targets may be used on the range.
9. NO RAPID FIRE. Allow at least one second to pass between shots.
10. HEARING PROTECTION AND EYE PROTECTION MUST BE WORN THE ENTIRE TIME YOU ARE INSIDE THE RANGE. Hearing and eye protection may be purchased at the range store.
11. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND ILLICIT DRUGS ARE PROHIBITED.
12. ABSOLUTELY NO AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM.
13. NO OPEN-TOED FOOTWEAR ALLOWED ON THE RANGE.
14. ALL SHOOTERS MUST ALWAYS ACT PROFESSIONALLY. While in Island View Enterprises facilities, Island View Enterprises does not permit and will not tolerate any inappropriate conduct. Such conduct includes, without limitation, using loud, abusive, offensive, insulting, demeaning language, profanity, lewd conduct or any conduct that harasses or is bothersome to customers or Island View Enterprises employees. No horseplay will be tolerated.
15. NO PRIVATE TRAINING, CLASSES, OR LESSONS ALLOWED.
16. WHILE INSIDE THE RANGE, USE OF HOLSTERS, SLINGS, AND OTHER DEVICES that allow the shooter to keep firearms attached to their person are NOT permitted. If you wish to use a concealed firearm on the range, please notify the Range Safety Officer before safely unholstering your firearm at the shooting stall.
17. THE SHOOTER MUST LOAD HIS/HER OWN GUN. Do not pass loaded guns between shooters and do not place loaded guns down on the shooting bench. In short, if a gun leaves your hands, it must be unloaded and the action must be locked open.
19. Maximum of 3 People are allowed on each lane. If you have more than three people in your party, additional lanes must be purchased to accommodate the total number of guests.
18. AMMUNITION RESTRICTIONS - Failure to comply with Island View Enterprises ammunition policy will subject customer to removal from range.
NO ARMOR PIERCING ROUNDS
NO STEEL BULLETS/PROJECTILES - Checked by magnet
BRASS CASINGS ONLY - NO STEEL OR ALUMINUM CASINGS
Violation of any range rules may result in expulsion and permanent suspension of range privileges.
We strive to maintain a safe, friendly environment for you to shoot in.
If you observe unsafe or inappropriate behavior, please notify the Range Safety Officer, or any Island View Enterprises Employee immediately.
To view our Range Discount days, click here.